On Thursday, Sept. 29, at 9:30 a.m., 10 local municipalities will come together to break ground on the Fox Cities Exhibition Center, a collaboration that has been 30 years in the making. The public is welcome to join representatives from the community for a short program and ceremonial groundbreaking at the exhibition center job site on West Lawrence Street in Appleton.
Attendees of the groundbreaking program will include:
- Tim Hanna, mayor, City of Appleton
- Jay Schumerth, Senior General Manager Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
- Tim Kippenhan, vice president and COO of Miron Construction Co., Inc.
- John Sabinash, vice president of Zimmerman Architectural Studios
- Representatives from the 10 municipalities involved in the project — the City of Appleton, Town of Grand Chute, City of Kaukauna, Village of Kimberly, Village of Little Chute, City of Menasha, City of Neenah, Village of Sherwood, Village of Fox Crossing (Town of Menasha) and the Town of Neenah
- Fox Cities Exhibition Center stakeholders — Fox Cities Exhibition Center Advisory Art Committee, Fox Cities Exhibition Center Advisory Design Committee, Appleton Redevelopment Authority (ARA), ARA Fox Cities Exhibition Center Advisory Committee, Fox Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau, Fox Cities Lodging Association, Hotel Room Tax Commission, Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
- Local Boy Scouts from the Bay-Lakes Council and Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes
- Appleton East High School musicians